This module provides an overview of basic mathematical functions found in typical PLCs. It also provides thorough coverage of data comparison instructions such as EQU, LES, and GRT. In addition, this module provides a foundation for more advanced programming techniques including analog input and output control. Topics such as combining math functions are presented with an emphasis on practical application and are demonstrated through lab simulation.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- List three types of data comparison.
- Explain the Addition function.
- Subtract two numbers using a PLC.
- Multiply and divide two numbers.
- Define the terms scaling and ramping.
- Write a program using LES, GRT, EQU.
- Use the Square Root instruction.
- Write a program combining math functions.
- Describe the purpose of LIM.